The Imperial Post-Doctoral, Post-CCT Research Fellowship (IPPRF) is a rare opportunity for peri-Consultant level doctors aspiring to progress their research careers at Imperial College. The award funds high quality medical clinical academics who are within 1 year of completing Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) to work towards intermediate fellowship/clinician scientist programmes.
Through the Fellowship, you will receive funding for 2 years protected time to conduct research (both salary and consumables) and write applications for your next fellowship. This opportunity is available in most specialty areas and designed for individuals with the potential to become leaders in academic medicine with a commitment to conducting research at Imperial College London.
To be eligible you must have been awarded a PhD or MD before starting the IPPRF and hold a CCT, or be within 12 months of acquiring CCT (or equivalent) at the time of application. The award is for a maximum of 2 years of full-time research, with the option of maintaining clinical work 1 day per week (with the expectation that there will be an Honorary contract from the Imperial College Healthcare or other NHS Trust).
The application process comprises of 2 stages.
- Stage 1: You should first approach the relevant Imperial College academic department to discuss your research interest and establish whether they are able to support you. Then you should get formal approval and estimated research costings for the project. Closing date 10 February 2023.
- Stage 2: You should submit your approved IPPRF application proposal together with your CV and completed Job application form. Closes 5 March 2023.
- This is a Full Time and two-year fixed-term role ideally starting from 1st Sep 2023
- A Job application form, CV and IPPRF fellowship application form will be required. Applications must be received online. To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference MED03581.
- For further information about the Fellowship, including forms, guidance and departmental contact details, visit the Imperial Clinical Academic Training Office website, CATO or email email@example.com
- The IPPRF Award Application form and Guidance can be downloaded from the “Documents” section.
- Interviews will take place on Friday 28 April 2023
Funding and proposed research
The funding for the IPPRF comes jointly from the NIHR Imperial Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) and Imperial College Faculty of Medicine academic Departments (FoM). The BRC will fund a maximum of £150k per fellowship and Departments are expected to fund the remaining costs (~50%). As Departments are making a significant contribution to the award all application proposals must be discussed with the appropriate Departmental Research Manager and Head of Department first, and require sign-off from both. Given that approx half of the funding is provided by the BRC the proposed research project should ideally align with one of the 14 BRC Research Themes, or be relevant to one of the 4 common threads integrated into the research themes.