NIHR Imperial BRC PERC Fellow 2023/24 Six-month fixed term secondment- one day a week or equivalent- start date negotiable.
You are invited to apply for an exciting opportunity to be seconded part-time to the Patient Experience Research Centre (PERC) for six months as one of two PERC Fellows. These fellowships, funded by the NIHR Imperial Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) are to upskill Imperial clinical and research staff on participatory research methods and public involvement in research. PERC is a core facility of the BRC providing Public Involvement, Engagement and Participation (PPIEP) advice and support for BRC researchers, as well as conducting research on patient experience to improve the quality of healthcare.
Already a clinician or researcher at Imperial, with an undergraduate and/or Masters degree (or equivalent experience) our fellowship will enable you to build on your existing skills in involving patients and the public in translational research. It will also provide you with an opportunity to gain practical experience in participatory research methods.
Working with members of the PERC team you will be provided with training opportunities in PPIEP and research methods. This fellowship will enable you to:
- Gain an understanding of the ways in which public involvement is embedded within the BRC
- Build on your knowledge of, and gain experience in, involving the public in research projects and engagement activities
- Shadow opportunities that build trust and engage with underrepresented and underserved communities in research
- Participate in activities that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in PPIEP in research
- Build on your capacity and confidence in involving the public in research
- Be involved actively in qualitative research projects being undertaken by our team
- Under supervision, deliver training, networking and support on public involvement in research
- Collaborate with key stakeholders undertaking PPIEP in health research
- Gain experience in evaluating and sharing the impact of public involvement activities in BRC research.
We will be holding a webinar on Thursday, July 20th 2023 from 2.30 to 3.15 pm to provide more information about this opportunity- to register your interest in attending please email Dr Kathryn Jones, Clinical Research Manager by 5 pm Tuesday, July 18th 2023 to enable us to send you joining instructions: email@example.com
We will record the webinar for those unable to attend on the day.
In September, we will be taking applications for the fellowship role- details overleaf.
To apply for this Fellowship please provide:
- a summary CV (maximum length 2 pages)
- a 500-word statement outlining your relevant skills and experience for the Fellowship, why you are interested in the role and what our team will learn from you
- a letter of support in principle from your line manager/ the person responsible for funding your post, this will vary by applicant but may be clinical service lead, professional lead, lead nurse or midwife
More information about PERC can be found here: Patient Experience Research Centre | Faculty of Medicine | Imperial College London