In 2021, Cerner PowerTrials is being rolled out across Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. PowerTrials will enable the full cycle of clinical trials in healthcare to be fully integrated within patients’ electronic records from screening to closure. While enhancing and improving traditional trials capability, it will also be a mechanism to deliver clinical trial methodologies for digital interventions. We will use PowerTrials to embed recruitment to local and national initiatives such as the Discover Research Register and the Imperial Health Knowledge Bank.
Together these integrated research systems will allow:
- Patient cohort identification, pre-screening and consenting
- Clinician visibility of suitable clinical trials and their patients who are enrolled in clinical trials
- Clinical trial ordering with research care plans
- Auditing/monitoring trials in line with MHRA guidelines
- Electronic Patient Record integrated CRF and data capture as part of patient records
- Automated patient level reporting for clinical trials making the analysis of data easier and quicker.